Tuesday, October 14, 2008

For this week's exercise I have created five RSS feeds with the RSS reader "Bloglines" including top stories from the ABC News website, entertainment updates from the Sydney Morning Herald online, Librarybytes, Powerhouse Museum's photo of the day and the Statistically Speaking blog.

RSS feeds are excellent in bringing the updates to me in a timely manner (without me having to browse to the different websites) and the fact you can customise how you receive the RSS feeds i.e. in a summary form or complete entries and also organising different RSS feeds into their different folders provides some means of information management which is critical in the present times of information explosion. I must admit I am already a bit overwhelmed by the 131 new feeds that have came through in the two days time I created my Bloglines account.

No comments: